- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Underwater Warfare Systems Integration Engineer
Located in the scenic maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Underwater Warfare Systems Integration Engineer will play a vital role in the team; responsible for providing coordination and engineering expertise to the integration, installation, set to work, test and evaluation of all the systems. Systems include Hull Mounted Sonar, Towed Low Frequency Active and Passive Sonar, Mine Avoidance Sonar among others.
The successful applicant will provide oversight to the design of these systems, their function within the Combat System, and will be responsible for ensuring that solutions are fully compliant.
Other Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide knowledge and insight into software integration challenges with UWW systems
- Support evaluating engineering change
- Provide technical expertise into the operational employment of UWW systems and their roles in Anti-Submarine Warfare
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate qualification in Electrical or Computer Engineering related to acoustic systems is essential
- Proven experience in large and complex defence acquisition projects is ideal
- Knowledge and experience on UWW acoustic systems is required
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With over 7 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 45 families in their move to Canada over the last 5 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I know how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.