- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client, a global organisation with 4 UK Aerospace sites - are seeking a Test Technician for their Valves Assembly and Test section of their successful Fuels system site.
Reporting to a Team Leader, we require them to work the early shift.
The testing of ball, butterfly, solenoid, non-return valves and Jet pumps using the medium of air/fuel/water/hydraulic fluid.
The electrical testing of contents transmitters, float switches and level sensors using the medium of fuel and water.
All testing to be carried out following the production acceptance test schedules as directed by the team leader.
The maintenance and care of the test rigs and all test adaptors and equipment.
Early Shift: Mon - Thurs 6am - 2pm , Fri 6am - 1:30pm
Rates: PAYE + Holiday pay
£15.53 Earlies (10%)
£21.18 Overtime over 37 hours
£28.24 Sunday overtime
PAYE Rates rise after 12 weeks to the following:
£16.01 Earlies (10%)
21.84 Overtime over 37 hours
£29.12 Sunday overtime
£20.25 Earlies (10%)
£27.61 Overtime over 37 hours
£36.81 Sunday Overtime
LTD rates rise after 12 weeks to the following:
£20.87 Earlies (10%)
£28.46 Overtime over 37 hours
£37.95 Sunday overtime
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment and adopts a 5S approach to working.
- Drives and sustains continuous improvement within the cell as defined by Eaton standards.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping at all times as defined by the Eaton standards.
- Must be inspection approved in accordance with Quality procedure QA186.
- Able to understand, follow and carry out fuel, air and water test procedures.
- Able to complete test reports using handwritten forms and PC tools.
- Understands methods of manufacture and engineering drawings.
- Performs visual inspection where necessary.
- Carry out basic preventative maintenance on test rigs.
- Assists with problem solving and root cause analysis activities.
- Competent to train others.
- Willing to learn.
- Good level of English and Maths.
Technical aerospace knowledge would be advantageous
Previous experience in testing of aviation components would be desirable.
Successful contractors operating PAYE will accrue holiday pay on top of.
Overtime is available dependent on programme needs and manager discretion.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
Client will aim to take contracts temp to perm when headcount is available
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.