- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently looking for a Test Engineer to work at our client an aerospace company based in St Neots in Cambridgeshire. they are looking for a test Engineer with experience of fault finding to component level on electronics ideally.
- Ensure product meets performance and quality requirements through product testing in accordance to acceptance test specifications and defined test procedures and methods,
- Responsible for developing test plans and test specifications for system, sub-assembly and board level testing, and firmware programming and testing,
- Ensure test efficiency and performance specifications is achieved through developing appropriate test sets and test jigs,
- To ensure faults are diagnosed in a methodological and efficient manner for both internal failures and customer returns, conduct root cause analysis and liaise with Engineering on recommended corrective actions, follow up with generating failure investigative 8D reports where appropriate,
- To identify persistent problems and pattern trends and generate containment and preventative measures and actions,
- Ensure all test equipment are maintained and in calibration,
- To be conscious of production timelines and cost budgets and satisfy departmental KPI's,
- To promote best practices to ensure ease of manufacture and testability,
- To be able to perform soldering to IPC standards,
- To ensure that processes are adhered to as prescribed within the Company Quality Management System,
- To support verification testing for obsolescence replacement in legacy products and new product introduction,
- To conduct high voltage testing and exercise and promote company health and safety policy and requirements,
- To be an active participant in the continuous improvement programme within the Test Department,
- To ensure a high level of housekeeping is maintained,
- To help create and maintain a safe working environment and observe the published Health and Safety procedures,
- To support and promote good working relationships with other team members,
- To carry out any other tasks where reasonable and relevant, when required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...