- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Estimator - Shipyard
WANTED! An experienced estimator with an understanding of ship repair project requirements. If this sounds like you please apply now!
This busy ship repair yard on the Rock of Gibraltar is looking for an ESTIMATOR who has experience pricing up whole projects for: materials, man-hours and time scales
- Read and interpret specifications, understand drawings, contract requirements and schedule constraints
- Work with suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain competitive pricing / quotations
- Identify the necessary trades for each project and have the ability to estimate man-hours and associated costs
- Must have the ability to project plan and estimate approximate time scales required for each project
- Multiple estimating projects may be ongoing at any one time, so multitasking is key!
ESTIMATOR Qualifications / Requirements:
- Experience in estimating within the shipyard / naval sector.
- Engineering, mechanical or naval degree/ qualification preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly excel)
- Must be fluent in English, knowledge of Spanish is a bonus
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
ESTIMATOR more information:
- Starting salary of £35,000 (based on experience and qualifications)
- Working hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00- 16:30hrs, Friday 08:00 - 15:30hrs.
- Paid annual leave - 22 days plus bank holidays (currently 12).
- Eligible for Quarterly Attendance Bonus after 3 month probation period.
This is an urgent requirement so please apply now, or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.