- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Highway Traffic Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Civil Highway Traffic Engineer to join their Highways team in Hertfordshire.
About the Role
Our client is one of the world's leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms. For them it's all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that'll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
If successful you will be working with a local council in an integrated team called the 'Whole Client Service'. This truly collaborative approach sees our client council colleagues working side by side to collectively deliver the full highways service to local communities.
Integrated Transport Projects deliver Civil Engineering Highways related projects.
A typical week would include:
- Ensuring that projects/programmes of varying complexity are delivered successfully to time, quality and budget.
- Responsible for checking - for self and team - designs, drawings, reports, correspondence, certificates and other outputs are prepared, self-reviewed for quality, and submitted for review and authorisation in a timely manner and in line with the delivery programme.
- Ensuring that business/project risks and issues are foreseen, escalated, recorded and managed effectively on all projects for which the Senior Engineer is responsible.
- Ensuring that legislation, regulations, policies, strategies and technical guidance relevant to the Hertfordshire County Council delivery are interpreted, followed and communicated across the team. Ensure that all cases for departures are authorised and presented for approval to the relevant authorising person or authority.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Ability to prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design standards and procedures.
- Theoretical knowledge of analysis and interpretation of information/ data.
- Ability to exercise independent engineering judgement; able to resolve technical issues without unnecessary escalation, able to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Sound technical skills and good industry networks.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.