- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Road Safety Engineer
Our client is seeking two engineers to join their road safety team working on Essex CC highway schemes. A range of experience will be considered. There are 4 offices in Essex you could be based from and flexible work patterns are offered.
Creating safer roads and contributing to targets to reduce the number of personal injury collisions (particularly those involving fatally or seriously injured casualties) on Essex roads through the delivery of the annual Road Safety Engineering programme of Casualty Reduction Schemes, Road Safety Audit of new highway works and by providing safety advice to colleagues/customers (both internal and external) as required.
The post holder will assist with the management, investigation, design, planning, programming, and the implementation and monitoring of the RS Engineering works programmes providing a best value and KSI reducing approach. The post holder will contribute to identifying and developing new practices and procedures to deliver efficiencies and respond to technological advances. Supporting and assisting with the co-ordination of a range of resources to deliver these objectives the post holder will assist with utilising internal staff and other key stakeholders to maximise opportunities to ensure value for money solutions
Providing a Road Safety Audit service completing Essex County Council Audits/Assessments as required in accordance with current best practice and the ECC Road Safety Audit Policy.
Providing safety advice and support to colleagues delivering other programmes, providing collision data as required.
Analysing and investigating locations where a road death occurs quickly and efficiently (working closely with Essex Police Traffic Management Officers).
- To identify, prepare, design, plan, programme and order works and services.
- To prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
- Ensure strong budgetary control and financial management is undertaken throughout areas of responsibility.
- To assist with the preparation of reports for projects, to Local Highways Panels County and District Council committees and to attend the meeting to provide support as appropriate.
- To identify schemes for the future programmes as appropriate.
- To appear as required as expert witness at Crown Court, Public Inquiries and Hearings, prepare detailed evidence as specialist on practice issues and liaise with Counsel and solicitors in case preparation
- To provide clear and effective leadership and line management of team to ensure that staff are aware of their objectives, motivated and that productivity is maximised.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- HNC, or equivalent high level qualification, or experience in highways.
- Membership of or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation, relevant design procedures and standards and good practice (including Safety Audit practices, road safety engineering)
- Knowledge and experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of a wide range of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures including being fully conversant with the use of specialist software tools as required.
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public.
- Conversant with Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; Experience of using GIS systems such as ACCSMAP
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing).
- Required to be mobile throughout an operational area (or throughout Essex or similar where more appropriate) and therefore a valid driving licence and use of car if not provided, unless the role can be undertaken effectively by alternative transport arrangements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.