- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
NEC Contracts Manager
Our client is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
The focussed Highway Sector supports infrastructure owners and operators to better manage, adapt and develop their assets to address the engineering and technological challenges of modern transport infrastructure. They deliver the infrastructure that connects people, places and supports thriving economies. They deliver high profile and complex schemes across the public and private sector.
The Contracts Manager is an important operational position in our organisation with key managerial responsibilities for technical excellence and strategic direction.
We are looking for a professionally qualified technical expert in contract administration and cost management who will lead a team of professional engineers providing advice to the team and clients with a focus on delivering our current construction supervision contracts. This is great opportunity to develop a key role in enhancing the companies expertise in contract administration and cost management.
What you will do:
* Resource management and planning for the Construction Team
* Work with and advise the design teams on production of contract documents
* Cost planning and commercial management
* Liaison with Contractors to provide Value Engineering solutions
* Risk management
* Procurement advice and tender analysis
* Contract management & administration, using NEC3/NEC4 contracts
* Business development
Your experience will include:
* Contract administration and cost management and thorough understanding of the appropriate contract administration and cost planning principles and practice
* Proven capability and experience of project and programme management principles and practice, including financial management, for multi-disciplinary projects
* Team leadership, including resource planning, programming, monitoring and management
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills suitable for working with many partners in a complex technical, organisational and political environment
* Commercial awareness
* Proven ability to identify and realise opportunities for growth and new business
* Track record of excellent client feedback on projects carried out
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or a related construction management subject and/or you will have or be approaching Chartered Member status of a highway construction Institution eg ICE, RICS, IHT.
* A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
* An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
* Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
* Experience of Welsh Government/Highways England delivery would be advantageous
* Project Management qualifications
* To demonstrate initiative and ingenuity in solving engineering problems.
* A full UK driving licence.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Contractual working hours 37.5 per week with flexible working arrangements.
- Annual leave-25 days (plus statutory).
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Voluntary Benefit Options, including; childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more.
- Professional subscriptions paid
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.