- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Utilities Sector Project Manager
My client are looking for 2x Utilities Sector Project Managers initially on a 3 month contract basis at Euston Station, London.
The role of the Utilities Sector Project Manager will be to oversee and manage delivery of both the non-contestable and contestable utility works for their given Sector. The role will be embedded within the Sector Team and work closely with Utility Companies and HS2's Contractors to monitor progress and resolve issues.
- Carry out coordination of Contestable/Non-contestable utility works
- Provide assurance and quality control of outgoing EWC packages.
- Monitor and participation in the design review process.
- Manage the delivery of Utility EWC works packages.
- Advice and support in managing the delivery of Utility works incorporated within EWC/MWCC demolitions, highways, bridge works packages.
- Assist in the coordination and sequencing of utilities works activities, including effective coordination across the HS2 teams ensuring that their interdependencies are incorporated;
- Attend regular meetings to monitor the progress of the project/s and work that needs to be completed;
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication enabling rapid articulation of the impacts of changes to scope or late delivery, and aid the delivery teams in providing mitigation.
- Identify and escalate risks, issues and concerns of delays promptly and effectively;
- Provide progress reports;
- Maintain a regular interface with Utilities Companies, HS2's Contractors and other key stakeholders;
- Facilitating and supporting other key meetings (internal and external) with recording, writing and communicating actions and key points.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Utilities experience in power, water & waste, gas and telecoms engineering and delivery would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Degree/HND, in engineering or project management.
- Ability to write detailed scope of works, respond to RFIs and variations.
- Ability to understand a project programme and implement changes needed.
- An understanding of project management techniques and knowledge of their implementation in a commercial environment.
- Previous track record in the delivery side of professional services/construction/complex engineering projects is desirable, but not essential.
- Very organised and able to multi-task to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a drive to meet stringent immovable deadlines.
Please note this role is in-scope of IR35 so candidates will need to be PAYE/Umbrella.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.