- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Planner / Controller
Our client are a major defence technology business currently seeking an experience project planner / controller to join them in their Bristol offices.
- Planning and Scheduling
- Develop and maintain multi-level Microsoft Project schedules in a Project Server environment.
- Develop and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure with associated cost/time codes.
- Support Programme Management (PM) in development and maintenance of Management Plans (Project, Quality, etc).
- Support PM in development and monitoring of work packages.
- Obtain buy-in to schedules and work packages from project teams.
- Review project/work package status and progress/expedite as required.
- Support PM decision-making through analysis of schedule.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to ensure integration of schedules.
- Maintain tracker for contract deliverables/dependencies across workstreams
- Change Control
- Assist with impact analysis of contract/project change.
- Co-ordinate embodiment of change, ensuring appropriate integration into plans and schedules
- Prepare and maintain resource forward loading/demand.
- Monitor resource assignments/supply and highlight issues to PM
- Assist PM with regular project status reporting and review meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of methods and tools for planning, scheduling and controlling projects.
- Proven ability to produce and maintain level 3/4 project schedules including management of deliverables and dependencies between projects.
- Skilled in designing schedules to allow effective roll-up to higher levels with reporting of key milestones and critical path analysis.
- Demonstrable experience in project reporting and work package management
- Good IT skills covering all Microsoft Office tools, with advanced ability with MS Excel for data analysis
- Organised and structured approach with the ability to manage own time effectively while operating across multiple projects and for multiple project managers
- Association of Project Management (APM) Project Fundamentals qualification (PFQ) or equivalent
- Ability to create and maintain complex schedules in Microsoft Project (MSP)
- Some experience in use of MSP Server, including use of enterprise custom fields and data analysis
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint for document and data management, ideally with basic administration skills
- Familiarity with management of systems engineering and software development life-cycles/projects, ideally within Defence sector
- Basic knowledge of project change management processes and techniques
- Basic knowledge of Risk Management processes and techniques
- Basic knowledge of Earned Value Management and other monitoring techniques
- Basic knowledge and application of project Quality management techniques
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ/APMP) or equivalent
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.