- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are looking for a process chemist to working on water engineering within the mining sector, the ideal candidate will work very closely with the process engineer and be based at Manfields, Nottingham. Great benefits package on offer.
- To provide expert advice on process chemistry delivering significant improvements and efficiencies in the operation of mine water remediation schemes dealing with pollution from both abandoned coal and metal mines.
- To provide design advice relating to active and passive mine water remediation schemes, develop innovative solutions and represent the organisation at a national and international level to support of the Coal Authority's objective as being a World expert in mine water treatment.
- To identify and exploit external opportunities, assist in bidding for commercial work and provide business orientated skills to initiatives in their area of expertise.
- To be the expert advisor on the design & operation of processes including the use of chemicals, for the removal of pollutants from water, providing challenge and recommending robust and innovative solutions.
- Develop and refine models for the design and evaluation of Mine Water Treatment Schemes. Develop and utilise appropriate laboratory and field testing methods for the design and evaluation of Schemes.
- On an on-going basis to evaluate the operational performance at existing Mine Water Treatment Scheme's. To analyse and recommend technical improvements/developments that will improve performance, decrease cost, improve sustainability and which are mindful of the waste hierarchy.
- Assist Geochemists in managing external laboratory performance and managing chemical assay data.
- As required to participate in developing innovative or transferable technology solutions to mine water remediation involving, active, passive, chemical or biological processes.
- On an on-going basis to evaluate the field testing methods for water chemistry at Mine Water Treatment Schemes, driving improvements to data quality and implementing method standardisation.
- To advise on the design of active and passive mine water remediation schemes for the effective removal of metals and other contaminants that are efficient, cost effective and environmentally sustainable. Using a high level of expertise in a range of technical solutions, chemistries and technologies able to develop the most appropriate solution to each scheme.
- To develop innovation and create commercial opportunities that will increase the knowledge base, intellectual property and value of the intelligence and expertise of the Coal Authority.
- Identify commercial opportunities and innovation in support of the Coal Authorities objectives and manage research and development projects. Provide technical briefings for trials and be responsible for the observance of robust scientific principles and a maximising of benefit from initiatives - analyse data and submit reports and recommendations.
- To write, procure and manage technical contracts including the use of professional services and university research facilities. To ensure deliverables in line with the scope of works.
- Seek to develop world leading methods and technologies in a range of chemistry-based solutions and where applicable create commercially viable products with protected intellectual property.
- To assist in the tendering for external funding and commercial opportunities. Submitting competent high quality returns that are highly competitive and show originality where required.
- Promotion of The Coal Authority nationally and internationally as a world leader in mine water treatment. Attending conferences, writing reports, publishing papers.
- To supervise and coordinate outsourced consultants assisting with the development of the mine water programme.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in the operation and appraisal of water treatment plants in one or more of the following areas: biological, chemical, process engineering with a relevant qualification in their area of expertise.
- Qualification in Chemistry related discipline
- Water phase chemistry
- Laboratory testing methods
- Field testing methods for environmental chemistry
- Experience in the removal of metals from water
- Method development
- Management of research and development projects
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.