- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate Director Civils Structures
Our client, MLM, are one of the largest regionally based engineering consultancies in the UK. MLM work on projects both in the UK and internationally and have a proven track record for delivering excellent design across a number of sectors.
MLM are currently looking for an Associate Director to join the team in Ipswich.
The Associate Director will be responsible for managing and delivering civil and structural engineering schemes in conjunction with other engineers and technicians across the group. They will also be involved in marketing activities winning new and repeat business to allow continued expansion of the team.
Principal Duties & Main Activities:
* Undertaking design and project management of civil or structural engineering schemes.
* Preparing feasibility studies.
* Carrying out surveys and preparing reports.
* Preparing calculations and drawings.
* Obtaining third party approvals, liaison with clients, other professionals and the public.
* Inspecting and supervising site works and undertaking contract administration duties.
* Supervising, mentoring and training others.
* Preparing fee proposals.
* Managing projects from inception to completion.
* Complying with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations and MLM Health & Safety management systems and assisting in the promotion of a robust Health & Safety culture in the team and, where appropriate, in the company.
* Actively promoting the civil engineering group and MLM to clients and potential clients and others and actively seek suitable work opportunities for MLM.
* Undertaking occasional overnight or weekend working such as on highway or rail inspection work.
* Extensive experience in the design and management of highways, civils and structural engineering schemes.
* Commercially focussed and have the ability to work in a market facing role, winning new and repeat business for the team.
* The ability to manage the delivery of projects within cost, time, profitability and quality requirements.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to develop relationships based on your visible technical and project delivery ability.
* Proven organisational and people management skills including the ability to prioritise numerous activities.
* Confident in liaising with and meeting clients, statutory bodies, professional advisors, contractors, general public, etc
* Chartered Civil Engineer (or equivalent).
* Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
* Experience of working in accordance with Codes of Practice, British Standards, Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Health & Safety Legislation.
* Good knowledge/understanding of structural design and analysis software as well as BIM processes.
* Competent using AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and PDS software packages.
* Valid driving licence, access to a vehicle and Class 1 business insurance.
MLM is an equal opportunities employer, so please inform us of any special needs that you may have.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.