- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Our client, MLM, are one of the largest regionally based engineering consultancies in the UK. MLM work on projects both in the UK and internationally and have a proven track record for delivering excellent design across a number of sectors.
MLM are currently looking for an Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in Ipswich.
The Senior Engineer (Infrastructure) will be responsible for delivering a range of work including flood defence schemes, pre-planning flood risk and drainage strategy, detailed design of adoptable infrastructure and property development for private and commercial clients in conjunction with other engineers and technicians across the group.
* Undertaking drainage strategy investigation and design to support planning stage flood risk and drainage assessment reports.
* Providing support in the undertaking of hydraulic modelling and reports, with a focus on construction of fluvial and surface water hydraulic models.
* Preparing reports, calculations and drawings.
* Preparing and checking designs.
* Undertaking design and management of civil engineering schemes.
* Obtaining third party approvals, liaison with clients, other professionals and the public.
* Undertaking site surveys and investigations.
* Supervising, mentoring and training others.
* Preparing fee proposals.
* Managing projects from inception to completion.
* Complying with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations and MLM Health & Safety management systems and assisting in the promotion of a robust Health & Safety culture in the team and, where appropriate, in the company.
* Experience in drainage design (either detailed or strategic).
* Good knowledge and understanding of basic hydrology principles.
* Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be advantageous.
* The ability to manage the delivery of projects within cost, time, profitability and quality requirements.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to develop relationships based on your visible technical and project delivery ability.
* Proven organisational and people management skills including the ability to prioritise numerous activities.
* Confident in liaising with and meeting clients, statutory bodies, professional advisors, contractors, general public, etc
* Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer (or equivalent) or working towards.
* Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
* Experience of working in accordance with Codes of Practice, British Standards, Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Health & Safety Legislation.
* Competent using AutoCAD, MicroDrainage Civils 3D and QGIS software packages.
* Valid driving licence, access to a vehicle and Class 1 business insurance.
MLM is an equal opportunities employer, so please inform us of any special needs that you may have.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.