- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is committed to creating technologies to improve efficiency, emissions and performance in all types of vehicles. Due to growth, they are now looking to hire a talented Mechanical Design Engineer to work in a permanent role in Oxford.
You will be involved with prototype design from research and development through to initial concepts; solutions required will be for automotive and/or motorsport future technology applications that could be on or off vehicle.
You must have the ability to analyse problems from first principles and be able to deliver innovative solutions with the ability to test and report effectiveness. It's important that you can work well as part of a team but also be capable of self-management to a specification and produce work meeting the company quality requirements.
- Prototype mechanical design from initial concept stage
- Design and development in 3D CAD of enclosures for electronic controls which use a variety of metal and plastic parts
- Work in a multi-disciplined team to achieve project objectives
- Supervise technicians when required
- Work to company quality standards
Stronly preferred experience and skills in:
- Proven 3D solid modelling proficiency with Solidworks
- Prototype design and development
- Manufacturing methods and processes
- Practical problem solving
Desirable experience and skills:
- Work in a production drawing office environment (PLM, BOMs, ECRs and documentation)
- Design awareness for electronic components
- Experience with rotating electric machines
- Ability to understand technical requirements and influence on design
- Familiar with product safety requirements (UL, CE etc)
- Use of analysis tools such as FMEA, FEA, CFD
- BOM creation.
- Production processes.
- Material selection.
- Part and assembly manufacturing drawings
Qualifications & experience required:
- BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, MEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivelant
- Mechanical esign Experience
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.