- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Director (Rail)
Our client, MLM, are one of the largest regionally based engineering consultancies in the UK. MLM work on projects both in the UK and internationally and have a proven track record for delivering excellent design across a number of sectors.
They are currently looking for an Technical Director (Rail) to join the team in London.
The Technical Directors will be responsible for providing the technical leadership function for the rail team.
* Providing leadership, management and quality technical advice to the team.
* Directing and organising the team members on day to day project and technical matters.
* Providing project direction as required to ensure technical report quality, health and safety management and budget control.
* Providing leadership on financial matters in conjunction with the Directors for an agreed part of the rail business. This includes financial projections, invoicing and debt management.
* Undertaking design and project management of rail, civil or structural engineering schemes.
* Supervising, mentoring and training others.
* Preparing fee proposals.
* Liaising with the contracts team for appointment and warranty execution and administration in conjunction with the Directors.
* Managing projects from inception to completion.
* Complying with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations and MLM Health & Safety management systems and assisting in the promotion of a robust Health & Safety culture in the team and, where appropriate, in the company.
* Taking ownership and accountability for the work of others is an essential part of the role.
* Actively promoting the rail engineering group and MLM to clients and potential clients and others and actively seek suitable work opportunities for MLM.
* Undertaking occasional overnight or weekend working such as on highway or rail inspection work.
* The ability to lead the design of the most complex of structures.
* Extensive experience in the design and management of rail, civil and structural engineering schemes in a consultancy environment.
* The ability to manage the delivery of projects within cost, time, profitability and quality requirements.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to develop relationships based on your visible technical and project delivery ability.
* Proven organisational and people management skills including the ability to prioritise numerous activities.
* Confident in liaising with and meeting clients, statutory bodies, professional advisors, contractors, general public, etc
* Chartered Civil Engineer (or equivalent).
* Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
* Experience of working in accordance with Codes of Practice, British Standards, Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Health & Safety Legislation.
* Good knowledge/understanding of structural design and analysis software.
* Valid driving licence, access to a vehicle and Class 1 business insurance.
MLM is an equal opportunities employer, so please inform us of any special needs that you may have.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.