- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Contols Manager
Our client are a major defence technology company currently seeking a project controls manager to join them in their South West London offices.
In this newly created role the Project Controls Manager will lead the Programme Planning & Financial Control (PPFC) department, ensuring that a robust project control environment is present, and adhered to on projects and programmes across the company portfolio. You'll be responsible for continuous improvement of the processes, systems and tools used to support execution across the company, and provide performance insight into programme performance, and assurance to the senior leadership team. You'll also be responsible for managing, and developing a team of project controllers, and planners to best support the programme delivery organisation.
- Manage the quality and timeliness of cost estimates, schedules and risk management that define the Performance Management Baseline * Ensure that project baselines are under robust change control
- Provide Project Controllers with day to day hands on support, guidance, troubleshooting and satisfying Programmatic requirements
- Ensure full compliance with corporate policies, with particular focus on implementation of the Earned Value Management System
- Provide co-ordination to the successful completion of internal and external monthly programme reporting
- Consolidate resource requirements across all programmes and provide analysis of potential issues to PM's and functional heads
- Provide support to bids, bid review and internal projects
- Perform audits to ensure the quality of estimating, scheduling and earned value activities
- Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust, compliance, continuous improvement and learning
- Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent communication skills
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstration of a strong understanding of project management and earned value management principles and their application to complex projects
- Hands on experience in Programme Planning / Scheduling utilising Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
- Experience in applying integrated cost / schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value environment
- Experience using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator
- Proficiency in MS office programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word)
- Ability to achieve security clearance to SC level
* Familiarity with MPM Earned Value application
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.