- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
A growing manufacturing company based in Southampton have an exciting opportunity for a aspiring engineer to join a growing team. The role will involve learning different areas of the business including, manufacturing, design and project.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is an engineering trainee position working in various department gaining skills along the way and finally work in the Project management department. The training will be split as below:
- Manufacturing Production. - 12 months.
- Manufacturing Production and site installations. 6 months
- Production planning. 3 months.
- Design office. 12 months
- Project Management
- MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- These will change as the candidate moves through departments
- Working with our assemble team, building technical furniture from drawings produced by the design team. The time served in this area will enable you to gain valuable hand-on knowledge of the extrusion systems and design standards.
- Training in Operating of CNC routing machine
- Assist with site installation and building up to supervising installations
Design planning department
- Drawing and programming of components for manufacturing on the cnc routing machine.
Design office stage two
- Completing manufacturing drawings and cutting lists for shop floor production using the latest Autocad Inventor softward.
Design office stage three.
- Work closely with the sales and design teams to produce 3d inventor rendered drawings and illustrations for customer proposals
Design / project management
Working closely with the project management team to liaise with customers, supplies and installers. Always ensuring the company's health and safety requirements are met and the projects are completed on time and within budget
To actively promote the core values of Thinking Space.
- To always exceed our customers' expectations
- To Constantly provide a professional service
- To be open to new designs and solutions
- To Respect each other
- Always strive to achieve
- Performance Measures
- Achieve Key performance indicators. These will be designed around the following areas: Monthly output, progress against development plan.
- Line manager feedback.
Training and development
Over the initial three years various internal company training and external training will be given.
- CCNSG Safety Passport.
- SSSTS Site supervisor safety training Scheme
- Autocad Inventor training.
- Prince 2 Project management course
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.