- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer - Saudi Arabia - 12 Months - £42.30/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request
This role is permanently based in the Head Office in Riyadh and the job holder will work under the direction of the UK based facilities team to support KSA projects locally in KSA. The role includes working with clients and stakeholders to turn requirements into concept and developed designs, the production of concept / developed design documentation, liaising with customers and contractors, reviewing third party design and construction drawings and material specifications, executing technical site surveys and writing reports. The role may involve travel to other KSA sites, as required by the business.
This is a 12 month contract position with the option to extend. The KSA working week is 45 hours. Free accommodation is included in the "Salwa" Compound which has a wide range of facilities. A monthly flight allowance will also be provided. The job holder will be allowed up to 8 weeks annual leave (unpaid) if required.
Business visas will be provided and it is the job holder's responsibility to ensure they leave KSA every 30 days to re-activate the visa.
- Report to the RES UK Principal Electrical Engineer and operate under his direction.
- Operate as RES Programmes In-Kingdom Electrical Engineer and act as customer interface for all electrical Engineering matters.
- Interpret customer technical requirements and develop them into concept / developed design documents including detailed drawings.
- Carry out site surveys, condition surveys of existing electrical building services and write up survey reports.
- Carry out technical review of contractor's design drawings and documents for accuracy and compliance with requirements and specification.
- Work with the Project Management function on various projects to provide Electrical input and support to projects as required.
- Manage own workload under minimal supervision to meet project deadlines.
- Attend Engineering and project meetings, input Electrical support and manage actions arising.
- Contribute to the Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) process, Risk Management, Safety, Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues as directed.
- Chartered Engineer ECUK Status or actively working towards.
- Degree Qualified or equivalent in an Electrical or Building Services discipline.
- NEBOSH or other industry recognised safety qualification is desirable.
- Practical experience within a design consultancy or Contractor environment.
- Proven experience background within the construction industry.
- Experience in the design and specification of Electrical building services systems, including LV power distribution, lighting & emergency lighting, fire alarms, cable containment systems and the ability to produce technical construction drawings and details.
- Good level of general IT computer skills including MS Word, Excel etc.
- Previous experience of working in the defence sector or on KSA / RSAF Sites would be desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.