- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil and Structural Engineers
You will provide technical leadership to a large team of civil and structural engineering professionals.
You will also be responsible for leading the development of project specific engineering solutions and providing technical oversight of single and multidisciplinary work we produce. You will provide the necessary design justification to ensure design solutions are compliant with safety and regulatory requirements. You will lead in the production of proposals to clients whilst working to develop strong and lasting relationships with key client contacts.
In addition to having excellent communication and problem solving skills you will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Chartered Engineer and a Member of ICE and/or IStructE,
* Experience of leading, supervising, developing and mentoring large teams
* Proven capability of leading and delivering complex civil / structural engineering projects in the nuclear industry.
* Proven design experience; including optioneering, concept and detailed design and experience supporting construction and commissioning phases.
* Complex multidiscipline coordination
* Strong technical background, including first principles analysis, as well as the ability to design steel and reinforced concrete structures using relevant UK and international codes/standards.
* Ability to lead and collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team and client
* Manage, motivate and delegate within a demanding project delivery environment
* Experience with Eurocodes and American design codes
* A proven track record of excellent client engagement skills with an ability to develop new opportunities and win work
* Experience of designing to extreme load cases such as Blast, Seismic and Impact would be an advantage.
* Experience of conventional building design using steel and reinforced concrete would be an advantage
* Experience of demolition processes and techniques would be an advantage.
* Considerable experience with engineering software packages including finite element analysis such as such as Robot, Tekla, Abaqus and Revit.
* Knowledge of statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments
* An understanding of the commercial aspects of a consultancy business.
* Proactive commitment to health and safety
* The ability to speak French, Japanese or Chinese would be an added bonus.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.