- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a well-known British mulinational corporation responsible for manufacturing equipment for construction, agriculture, waste handling and demolition, is looking to hire a Design Engineer.
Working across current product maintenance and new product design, you will report to the Engineering Manager or Principal Engineer. Ideally, you will have experience of Engineering design and draughting, using Siemens Unigraphics NX and TeamCenter.
Main duties will include:
- Release of engineering data.
- Engineering documentation.
- Investigation and problem solving.
- Co-ordination with other functional areas: Assembly, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Materials.
- Liaison with suppliers on component specification and fit for purpose - checking design meets the brief and internal and external legislative requirements and documenting compliance where necessary.
- All candidates are expected to have some level of recognised technical qualification relevant to the role.
- A degree in a relevant discipline would be preferred but other qualifications would be considered with appropriate experience.
- Will have broad experience of mechanical design on this scale, ideally with other 'yellow goods', otherwise automotive, rail, commercial or military vehicles or similar heavy equipment. Would consider recent graduate, trading off experience against attitude and potential.
- Will be literate, numerate and articulate, able to take direction and work as part of a small team.
- Will have interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate and work with people outside the engineering functional area and with external suppliers.
- Will be expected to have a sense of urgency, take ownership of assigned work and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.