- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Process Control (Applications) Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an Instrument & Control Engineer to join our clients European Area Engineering Office, based in Fawley Refinery near Southampton.
This role provides research and engineering support for the company and its joint ventures throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Engineers involved in technical leadership of internal and external resources through all stages of asset development and operation, inclusive of technology commercialization.
- Develop capabilities of less experienced engineers within their technical discipline.
You will be responsible for providing expert technical consulting and project support to the wider businesses Refineries and Chemical Plants. The role will focus on Process Control consulting and technical support for existing facilities and new projects in the areas of Process Automation and Optimisation.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Provide specialist Process Control consulting and technical support for existing facilities and new projects in the areas of Process Automation and Optimisation.
- Provide regulatory control, model predictive control and both the deployment and sustainment of real-time optimization applications.
- You will be required to provide in depth technical leadership and support to facilities through troubleshooting, asset improvement and technology selection.
- As part of the role you will develop and deliver technical training and standards for engineering organisations within the business, and both facilitate and participate in formal technical networks in the Process Control Engineering discipline globally.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Have a degree in Chemical Engineering (2.1 or 1st Class standing) and be Chartered or working towards Chartership.
- Have 5+ years professional experience, ideally within an operating company or a major engineering contractor (petrochemical or other heavy industry experience strongly desired).
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- A detailed working knowledge of refining process control applications.
- Knowledge of Advanced Process Control technologies including: Dynamic Matrix Control (DMC), Real-Time Optimization (RTO), and Operator Guidance (e.g. Alarm Management and sequential control)
- Demonstrate a track record of proactively applying engineering and problem solving skills to develop cost effective control application strategies.
- Have experience in performing process control infrastructure and technology assessments.
- Be willing to travel overseas on frequent short business trips (up to 50% of your time) and/or long term assignments
- Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a diverse team environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.