- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
M E CAD Technician
My Client is recruiting M+E CAD Technician mostly working within the Water Sector
The role sits within the design office of a multi discipline engineering and construction company with projects in the UK and Internationally. Experience within the Water Sector would be preferred although other sectors such as Energy and Oil and Gas may be considered.
- Reporting to the CAD Team Leader
- Responsible for the preparation of Computer Aided Design drawings in accordance with drawing manuals
- Responsible for preparing detailed mechanical arrangement drawings including the use of Xref's (external references) to manage drawings effectively
- Responsible for preparing detailed electrical drawings including single lines, block cable and loop drawings
- Responsible for preparing piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs)
- Maintains drawing file system, issuing of drawings and undertaking of archiving of drawings
- Maintains all incoming and outgoing drawing registers, and ensures that all documents are issued with the required documentation
- Assist with site dimensional surveys for pre and post construction drawings
- Assists Design Engineers in the liaison with the Client, suppliers and external sub-contractors to ensure design is completed in accordance with the specification
- Part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the design of water, wastewater and biosolids treatment plants
- Competent user of 2D AutoCAD
- Experience in 3D and intelligent software packages such as Autocad Plant 3D, Autocad P&ID, Autocad Electrical, Autocad Civil 3D, Revit, advantageous but not essential
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Packages
- A background of working with the water or waste water sector would be a strong advantage
Health and Safety -
- The active promotion of the company safety culture through example and management of people
- That safety takes precedence in any conflict with time, cost or quality
- That those associated with the business understand and deliver company expectations
- That client and company requirements are effectively communicated to all personnel
- That all operations are carried out in accordance with the company management system, policy objectives and statutory and contractual requirements
- The implementation of the company management systems for health, safety, the environment and quality in conjunction with the Systems Department
- That all work is completed to the Client's satisfaction, within budget
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and effective communication with clients
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...