- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Maintenance Technician
To ensure production facilities can operate at fully through periodic planned maintenance. To provide reactive breakdown maintenance to all production equipment using fault finding techniques. To install, test and inspect electrical installation.
SUMMARY - MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure that Formaplex production facilities can operate at full availability through periodic maintenance in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System. To provide reactive breakdown maintenance cover to all production equipment using fault finding techniques to minimise downtime. To install test and inspect minor electrical installation with recorded results
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
* Provide reactive breakdown support to all production equipment.
* Complete planned maintenance tasks on schedule to the desired standard.
* Install test and inspect minor electrical installation.
* Participate in continuous improvement throughout the production areas of the business.
* Coordinate and supervise contractors when necessary.
* Record all work on the maintenance work log.
* Completing minor fabrication work.
* Ensuring all activities are undertaken in a safe manner, compliant with all Health and Safety Legislation.
* Supporting Toolroom activities with electrical support.
* Working in a lean, efficient and organised team
* Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade of job.
Skills & Experience:
Ideally apprentice trained to NVQ level 3 or equivalent with a relevant engineering qualification such as City and Guilds or BTEC. 17th Edition Understanding the requirements of BS7671 is essential and City and Guilds 2392 Testing and Inspecting would be advantageous.
Previous experience working in a production environment with injection moulding machines or with paint booths would be beneficial however specific machine training would be given. Hydraulic, Pneumatic and mechanical skills or qualification would be beneficial.
Supervising contractor in accordance with company procedures.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee at Formaplex, you shall be responsible for;
* Ensuring the health and safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions,
* Co-operating with Formaplex on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs,
* Only using / operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and / or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training,
* Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times,
* Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings to the appropriate Manager and / or Director as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.