- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Stealth Engineer - BAE064532 - 12 Months - Preston
£41.00 Umbrella / PAYE £32.01
A vacancy exists for a Low Observables (LO) Senior Engineer within Future Capability Air Systems Engineering team. The post holder will support the Low Observables Engineering team reporting to the Low Observables Engineering Manager. The Team is responsible for signature management and integration across existing Air Sector platforms and future strategic Technology development.
The role involves the provision of engineering input into the definition of the LO elements of vehicle configuration options: Specification, monitoring, and analysis of Radar Cross Section (RCS) tests as required to support LO design activities. Definition, execution, and where necessary monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support LO design activities.
Good understanding of electromagnetics principles essential. Knowledge of IT essential, with experience and background understanding of CAD systems and general Airframe engineering. Knowledge and experience of RCS control and reduction technologies and techniques desirable, including existing RCS data sources: analytical, theoretical, and experimental methods and techniques is desirable.
The provision of input, as part of a team, into;
1. The definition of the Low Observable (LO) elements of vehicle configuration options; the selection of a favoured configuration; and the refinement of the favoured configuration leading to vehicle lines freeze.
2. The design of the LO elements of vehicle design, including assessment and control of changes to external lines; definition of detailed design features including control of excrescences, panel and door joints and edges, system and equipment installations.
3. The specification, monitoring, and analysis of Radar Cross Section (RCS) tests to support LO design activities.
4. The definition, execution, and where necessary monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support LO Design activities
5. Liaison as necessary with internal and external research agencies and programmes to ensure maximum mutual benefit and application of technology developments.
This role requires full Security Clarence (SC) prior to working onsite.
You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain Security Clearance.
This role involves direct access to ITAR Materials, therefore we can only consider a sole British National for this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.