- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Technician - Night shift
An opportunity has arisen to join a major 1st tier Automotive supplier based in Portsmouth as part of their Quality assurance function as a Quality Technician.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
* Visually inspect High Quality finished parts to detailed customer Quality requirements
* Checking the presence of details such as metal fixings and fixing tape.
* Cross hatch testing to ensure coating adhesion.
* Ensuring documentation is completed correctly, including traceability data
* Address all customer requirements.
* Cleaning and packing requirements (Audit to quality spec)
* Ensuring that parts leave the company with the correct documentation.
* Dealing with customer queries and complaints.
* Use of manual and automated method for checking colour and surface finish
* Liaising with the Paint Shop Manager to ensure parts are reworked if found faulty to the correct spec and with colour process
* Identify paint flaws against master plaques.
* Day to day interaction with the Javelin MRP system and QMS database to ensure ongoing compliance. Making amendments to documentation of non-compliance or process improvement.
* Good knowledge of ISO 9001/ TS 16949
* Must be able to read and understand Engineering drawings
* Auditing of products and process to Formaplex Quality Policy
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee at Formaplex, you shall be responsible for;
* Ensuring the health and safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions,
* Co-operating with Formaplex on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs,
* Only using / operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and / or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training,
* Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times,
* Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings to the appropriate Manager and / or Director as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.