- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a major engineering consultancy with an exciting requirement for an experienced project manager to deliver software development work into the UK air traffic control sector.
Your accountability will span the full breadth of project management including scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources for projects; and will encompass the entire project lifecycle from proposal to project completion. Leading software engineering projects within the air traffic control domain.
Travel to other office based UK locations will be essential to this position.
- Ensuring that clients and project teams share a common understanding of project objectives
- Defining and managing project scope, including change control and configuration management
- Ensuring that the project budgets are defined and sustainable
- Preparing and maintaining project plans and schedules
- Selecting, developing, leading and disbanding teams, including working with the Resource Manager to manage resource allocations to your project to satisfy the project commitments
- Identifying and managing risks and issues; monitoring, resolving and escalating as appropriate
- Managing project finances, including budgeting, invoicing, expenditure, overtime and expenses
- Establishing and maintaining effective, regular communication with and reporting to stakeholders including the client, the Portfolio Manager and the project team
- Occasionally working with work package managers to integrate their detailed plans with the overall project plan, as appropriate
- Substantial experience of direct project management on the full engineering lifecycle gained on projects with large amounts of software development activity.
- In depth understanding of the project management principles and have good knowledge of the Waterfall and 'V' models; experience of agile methods would also be desirable
- Ability to demonstrate having delivered projects in complex commercial environments.
- Ideally knowledge of the aerospace or air traffic control sectors.
- Understanding of Regulated Industries
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and bodies of knowledge such as PRINCE2, the Praxis Framework, PMBOK, APMBOK etc
- Experienced and competent in the use of project planning tools including Primavera, MS Project or equivalent
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Practiced in managing multiple technical projects simultaneously from bid/design stages to implementation
- In-depth knowledge of the Shipley bid winning process or similar would be an advantage
- Budgeting and cost management
- Risk, opportunity and issue management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.