- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
This is an opportunity to join the Maintenance team who deliver fast track projects across a COMAH operating facility. The role is to manage, co-ordinate, forecast and report on costs associated with maintenance execution activities.
Candidates will work on a number of projects simultaneously in routine maintenance ranging in value up to £1m. Some of the projects are at development stage, some at engineering stage whilst others are at construction stage.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Accurate estimating of costs using execution contract rates or man hours
- Analysing requirements / specification for projects / events in a process operating environment (petrochemical, refinery, power generation, MoD, COMAH regulated environment, heavy industry, manufacturing)
- Forecasting annual spend and producing regular reports
- Preparing monthly and year end accruals
- Reviewing execution schedules
- Implementing best practice and driving efficiency
- Performing cost control
- Analysing any variance in planned / predicted costs
Ideally candidates will have a hands on background, e.g. experience of working in the field in a process engineering environment, i.e. Advanced Technician, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Technician or Engineer. Candidates should understand physical construction, engineering and design and be able to produce detailed cost estimates and schedules.
The role will involve some site work and candidates must be comfortable working at heights and in noisy environments. You will regularly be involved with review meetings and supporting management. As such candidates must have good communication skills and be willing and able to make presentations to key stake holders.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.