- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Three Systems Engineers are required to join our world leading Defence client based in Yeovil on a contractor basis.
As a Systems Engineer in the Tactical Data Links product area you will report to the Lead Engineer and Project Design Authority, and will be responsible to estimate and plan development activities, design technical solutions, procure and implement hardware/software, and test the resulting systems. You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues with in-service equipment.
There are three opportunities for TDL Systems Engineers at the site in Yeovil, Somerset.
We are looking for people who can be independent, accountable and are output driven. You will need to be flexible and mobile to meet changing business and customer demands, be willing to share best practice and engage in the future of our business. You will be open to new ideas, new approaches and willing to adapt in a fast-paced technology driven company.
What you will be doing
As a TDL Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
* Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
* Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the Lead Engineer
* Accurately report on progress
* Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
* Complete System Integration activities
* Support operational delivered systems
* The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
As part of the engineering team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
What we are looking for in you
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* A strong Systems Engineering, hardware and software background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
* An excellent understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle
* An excellent working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems).
* A strong working knowledge of electrical safety.
* Experience in using and installing operating systems and application software.
Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
* Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified would be desirable
* Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, network security, network management
* A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC and CE marking, Environmental etc
* Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
* Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations
You should be able to demonstrate:
* A 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
* You enjoy team dynamics and encourage a positive team spirit
* A willingness to work away from your home site for periods of time
* Self-organisation and good with management of time and conflicting priorities
* You are innovative and able to drive improvement
You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance (e.g. evidence covering the last 5 years of continual UK residency).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.