- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are seeking an experienced project manager to join them in their Tewkesbury offices.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Project & Programmes team working across our Cyber Security projects. You will report to our Programme Manager and work alongside our Engineering teams. Senior Project Managers are expected to run multiple projects circa £150k each up to single projects valued at £6M. You will need to lead multi-disciplined Project Teams of Engineers, Procurement, Manufacturing, Suppliers and interact with other business functions. The role will require internal and external stakeholder management, leading the customer interaction and customer relationship management for your project. Projects can range from study/research work packages to product development.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of running complex projects from bid through to delivery into manufacturing. Having an engineering background although not essential would be advantageous and the ability to differentiate how to articulate and present project status at all levels including to senior executives is also a necessary skill.
What else will the role entail?
- To plan, specify and manage the production of bid submissions and reporting and also maintain future opportunity/demand schedules.
- Work closely with and provide support to the sales & business development departments to capture targeted customer funded business in accordance with company forecasts and plans.
- To plan, specify and maintain the product and/or projects in line with the strategic plan ensuring benefits align, including Business Case generation.
- To create baseline and forecast plans and schedules, specify and manage resources across identified projects.
- To create a detailed Risk Assumptions Issues and Dependency (RAID) log for the project.
- To plan the projects and monitor overall progress, manage risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action to ensure projects are executed within the agreed schedule, cost and performance, in a professional project management manner.
- Ensure that project deliverables are to the appropriate levels of quality, on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with the project plans.
- Enact projects following the defined project management process, including customisation of projects using the Project Sizing Tool (PST), following the Project Management Plan over the appropriate project lifecycles, and holding defined gate reviews.
- Produce various project management reports for internal reviews and external customers
- Monitor the project using Earned Value Management (EVM) providing SPI and CPI values.
- Work to support commercial aspects of the project including customer letters, change control and adherence to terms.
- Financial Management to support the production of sales, cash and invoicing and to be accountable for revenue and gross margin achievement on standard orders/customer funded/IRAD project. In addition, monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the projects progress and report financial data and forecasts.
- Contribute to delivering business transformation through smart objectives from the TRL Strategic Goal Directives and Senior Leadership Team. Pro-actively contribute and support driving the strategy and continuous business improvement.
What skills will I need to be successful?
- Demonstrable complex project management experience including schedule, scope, risk and opportunities, resource, financial management and reporting.
- Demonstrable strong interpersonal skills combined with experience of leading mixed teams and managing relationships with customers and suppliers
- Engineering and product lifecycle experience in a relevant field
- Level 3 APMP Project Management Qualification
- Prince 2 Practitioner Qualification
- Computer literate - excellent MS Project and MS Office skills and ideally SAP experience
What additional skills would be beneficial?
- Business/Science/Engineering degree/HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.