- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior QC Inspector-Structural
Senior QC Inspector - Structural - Barrow - 6 months - £27.15/hr LTD/UMB. PAYE rates also available on request.
Opportunity to be involved with the UK's leading defence contractor, carrying out inspection activities at subcontractor locations in Liverpool and Newcastle.
Carry out structural inspections at sub-contractor site & complete all associated documentation.
- To carry out routine work with limited supervision and complex tasks under direct supervision in their related area.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- Liaise / Interface with appropriate areas both Internally & Externally to ensure work schedule and results are communicated to the appropriate areas.
- Understanding and interpretation of measurement equipment tolerances, highlighting any non-conformances for inspections undertaken and report via SAP.
- Add value to QA Standard Documentation & Processes by being part of the review team.
- Report results of Inspections using agreed process.
- Use of Company Computer Systems Software as appropriate.
- Sound knowledge/experience of steelwork inspections & associated activities.
- Previous experience in shipbuilding or submarines preferable.
- Sound knowledge of Quality, an understanding of drawings, ability to report defects. Basic understanding of the dry survey process.
- I CORR level 1 Paint Inspection Qualification (or equivalent e.g. BGAS CSWIP Level 3, NACE Level 3 etc.), or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working as per ISO 8501 (with emphasis on product readiness/acceptance for coatings etc.)
- Experience of Steelwork Construction/Manufacture & associated standards/practices. A recognised qualification from organisations such as TWI (The Welding Institute) would be advantageous.
Due to time constraints, the team regret that we are not able to respond to each application. If you have not received a response within 3 working days then please assume you have not been successful.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.