- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Aircraft Position Operator
NATS are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join them on an initial 12 month contract working as part of their simulator training team as an Aircraft Position Operator.
No previous experience is required as training will be provided. However previous experience within Radio Communications (such as the military) or other aviation positions would be advantageous.
* To assist in the correct set up and reconfiguration of the simulator.
* To assist in the reporting of all Simulator faults/observations following the relevant process.
* Under supervision - support the data prep staff with scenario data testing.
* Act as pseudo pilots, interacting clearly and realistically via simulated communication link with the participating TATC, and inputting instructions and messages into the simulator in response to TATC commands.
* Ensure timely and accurate input, to ensure the TATC remains focused and a professional service is given.
* Carry out support duties in connection with non-simulation work at an appropriate level
Qualifications and Skills
* An appreciation of ATC, Training & Simulation, awareness and an ability to work within the ATC environment, ATC simulator plus knowledge of Radio Telephony (R/T) phraseology, aircraft performance and ATC procedures.
* Appreciation of delivering theory and practical training to others is desirable.
* Quick accurate thinking, a clear speaking voice with excellent communication skills and good diction is necessary.
* It is essential to have the ability to work positively and effectively as part of a team and be able adapt readily to changing situations and procedures; have a flexible approach to the workload.
* Proficiency in standard desktop IT packages is desirable.
* Ability to interact with modern technology including multiple touchscreen devices.
Additional Vacancy Information
There is a possibility that these opportunities will include both shift and non-shift working posts.
Training will be provided to the successful applicants.
To apply please call Brad Coombes at Alderwood on 01489873493 or email
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.