- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for an Operations Engineer in the Water Sector
The Company provide complete solutions for water treatment. Innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, our differentiating water treatment processes enable us to offer solutions suited to every application.
The water treatment chemicals services platform from the Company provides speciality and general water treatment chemical conditioning services and equipment primarily for industrial clients. The Water Treatment Chemical team has a great reputation in the business with excellent growth prospects so this is an amazing opportunity to join this team to grow the business further and make a real difference.
This is a field based role, however you will be required to travel to client sites across the UK, depending on your work schedule. Ideally this person will be based in South East of the UK.
As an Operations Engineer you will be required to give our customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to existing water treatment chemical customers.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Provide service, chemical treatment analysis, monitoring and account management to existing customers/contracts.
- Provide Legionella control and ensure customer compliance with ACOP L8.
- Provide customer recommendations for best working practises.
- Gather information in preparation for client review meetings.
- Review site water services risk assessment.
- Gather site information and compile site log books for customers, maintain and audit
- Initiate water treatment program on new accounts and commission new dosing/control installations.
- Provide site operator training on the use of products and Legionella awareness training.
- Completion of risk assessments work reports, and all other documentation.
- Look for opportunities and where appropriate to sell parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work, working with the appropriate sales team.
- Feedback to customers on future product development, features and functions and show how they will add value to their business.
- Provide updates to line manager on any issues that may result in financial, reputational or operational impact on the Company, seek guidance and support as required to ensure the service provided to our customers is a priority.
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
- GCSE or equivalent - English and Maths.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of chemical water treatment would be an advantage e.g. cooling tower management, boiler optimisation.
- Experience of having worked as an Operations/Service Engineer or in a Technical Support role or laboratory experience would be an advantage.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Able to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable experience of having built strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...