- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate Transport Planner
As a consequence of our expanding work load, our client is currently looking for a Graduate Transport Plannerm to join their team in Hampshire.
The team currently work on a wide range of projects across the UK, including the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans, Feasibility Appraisals, input to Environmental Statements and the provision of expert witness services at public inquiries.
The Graduate Transport Planner will offer the following skills:-
* Undertake surveys and analysis of transport conditions
* Assist in the preparation of transport documents for planning applications, including Transport Assessments and Travel Plans, Highway Design and sustainability solutions.
* Provide input to multi-disciplinary studies and environment assessments, including routing strategies and traffic management
Desired qualifications include:-
* A degree in Geography, Civil Engineering, Transport Planning or similar.
* MSC in transport planning would be advantageous, but not essential.
* A high standard of communication skills and the ability to work and engage with a range of external stakeholders such as clients, local authority officers and members of the public.
* An ability to present information in a clear accurate and professional format.
* Efficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook.
* Previous experience in transport planning is not essential but would be advantageous.
* Some experience in working with industry standard transport analysis software e.g. Junctions 9, LINSIG TRICS, Transyt, DMRB and Manual for Streets.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a strong professional team which boasts an enviable record of working on successful planning schemes for a wide range of clients.
Competitive salary on offer.
Working hours: 9:00 - 5:30
25 days Holiday
6% Pension contribution
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.