- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Public Realm Engineer- Birmingham
Our client is looking for a dynamic Senior Public Realm Engineer to join our Transportation Public Realm team, in the Development and Cities Space business.
This role offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to be a central figure in the expansion of the team. The role requires the candidate to deliver to the highest technical and behavioural standards. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in managing and delivering complex projects to a high standard across the disciplines of Public Realm and Traffic Engineering. They will have the ability to deliver scheme designs from the initial concept through the subsequent design stages of preliminary, detailed and construction design.
The overall team has a wide-ranging capability: from site feasibility and master planning, through to planning and then detailed design. The multi-disciplinary nature of the business also means that we are able to deliver project teams from disciplines wider than transportation to offer clients a true 'one stop shop'. Our team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients both in the UK and oversea.
Essential Experience and Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and desirable to be Chartered or working towards Chartership
- Appropriate previous experience of working in design and implementation of urban highway, transport and public realm schemes, including cycle schemes, bus priority projects, high street improvements, signalised junctions and road safety schemes
- Experience of Public Realm design and good understanding of public realm design principles
- Development of scheme designs from concept through detailed design to construction design. This is to include drawings suitable for public consultation and full detailed design drawing packages
- Demonstrable experience of delivering technically excellent projects
- Project management experience for public realm and traffic engineering schemes
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong commercial focus
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and associated suite of software (such as Vehicle Tracking)
- Experience of 3D design and construction of 3D design of ground models
- Experience of drainage design
- Experience in traffic sign design
- Preparation of construction cost estimates and detailed Bills of Quantities
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Willingness to travel to projects across the UK when required
- Excellent project and people management skills with a hands-on attitude to technical project work
- Mentoring and development of more junior members of staff
- Design of temporary traffic management during construction
- Site supervision
- Appreciation of junction modelling and GIS packages
- ProjectWise / BIM Standards
- Sign design using AutoSign or equivalent
- Full driving licence
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, you will provide leadership to junior staff and technical support into assigned projects ensuring delivery of technically challenging Public Realm, Transport, Traffic and Infrastructure schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that projects are completed to client specifications, to budgets and deadlines
- Management and technical leadership of multi-disciplinary urban highway, transport and public realm schemes, including cycle schemes, bus priority projects, high street improvements, signalised junctions and road safety schemes
- Meeting with clients and stakeholders as well as working with other disciplines and consultants on projects
- Provide leadership and act as mentor to junior members of staff
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Delivery of high quality of outputs and proactive promotion of appropriate quality standards
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health and Safety regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.