- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Engineers required for global operating R&D facility near Southampton
Our client is recruiting x2 Mechanical Engineers to be responsible for leading the mechanical definition, development and delivery of multiple interconnected components, from different internal and external engineering and R&D disciplines to create new products.
Key areas of work will be:
* Managing and supporting innovation projects for new device technology and design
* Interpreting design drawings for prototyping, development and commercialisation.
* Managing improvement projects for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, material selection or consumer complaint reduction.
* Working with our internal teams and / or third -party industrial design development partners, create functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements.
* Working with our third-party industrial design partners ensure all performance, visual and regulatory specifications are properly described and understood.
* Improving drawing standards and ensuring drawings supplied from design teams meet requirements for factory and sub-supplier implementation and quality inspection.
* Provide device Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to conduct and support prior art technical assessments of patents for freedom to operate.
* Designing and leading (internally or with our partners) R&D device design experiments in support of assertive patenting workstreams.
* Ensuring all specification and regulation requirements are captured for all markets during commercialisation handover and as new markets and continuous development changes are introduced.
* Create reports and learning documents for future design improvements
* System Design Specification - work with necessary stakeholders and prepare hardware system.
* System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations to create the user stories for the product.
* System Functional and Physical Architecture development: propose new and different methods and processes to achieve product performance
* Provide operations and sourcing with documentation and process development assistance to produce the product as developed.
* Lead System Integration and testing (DVT)
* Responsible for product documentation from initial proposals through first production release
* Assist with production and field failure analysis as required
Suitable candidates will have a good working knowledge of mechanical design methods in addition to knowledge of mass produced product development and debug tools
A strong working knowledge of international safety standards for consumer electronics products is required as well as a strong fluency in Mechanical CAD software.
Other skills required include:
* MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, excel, and word
* Mould flow analysis
* Tolerance stack analysis
* Operational stress and temperature analysis
* Materials choice for manufacturability, operational performance and environmental concerns
These roles are initially for 12 months but could last longer dependant upon project demands.
35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
c£300 per day (Limited company)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.