- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Team Manager - Highway Design (Maintenance)
We have a great new opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to join our client, a civil engineering consultancy specialising in highway design and maintenance works, as a Team Manager to successfully lead the Highway Design Team.
This role is primarily focused on team management, meaning it will need an experienced leader, as well as an indivudal that has experience with highway design or managing the design process.
The company is a specialist at supplying highway design projects and works for maintenance schemes throughout the area, therefore highway maintenance experience would be desirable.
To lead the delivery of carriageway repair programmes ensuring that services and projects are delivered to agreed financial and performance targets.
Lead delivery of other capital projects as required to support the organisation Lead the management and supervision of third party development affecting the County road network
Foster a culture of work place improvement to fulfil company wide and individual goals
As a Member of the Design Consultancy Management team the post holder will contribute to the growth and development of the business and wherever possible bring an innovative approach to support growth
Key accountabilities / responsibilities
- To develop a collaborative approach to project and programme development with commissioners and designers to optimise the efficient construction of projects
- Seek to be commercial aware and reduce costs where possible through value engineering and early contractor involvement
- To provide appropriate, relevant and timely advice, guidance, information and reports to senior officers and Member and as required specific external bodies, in accordance with designated service responsibilities
- As required support in development and manage the production of technical assessments, inspections and reports associated with the functions of the team
- To be responsible for ensuring that internally and externally funded programmes and projects are delivered to quality, cost and time constraints meeting performance standards
- To deploy and manage assigned budgets and to take corrective action where appropriate in liaison with the Group Manager
- To resolve any service delivery issues within available resources
- To deliver a safe and serviceable highway and other public infrastructure though design, construction and management.
- To comply with and ensure your team complies with all statutory responsibilities, duties, policies and procedures
- To effectively manage and control allocated budgets and income streams to ensure that the financial performance of the business in line with project, service and business plan financial targets
- To manage staff performance in line with business, team and individual targets, dealing consistently and efficiently with under-performance, conduct or disciplinary matters
- To act as a professional exemplar in carrying out the above duties with a 'can do' attitude.
Knowledge / Skills / Behaviours
- A degree or equivalent qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Details knowledge of legislation, codes of practice etc.
- Experience financially managing and controlling budgets
- Anticipating future needs and wants with others to exceed customer expectations
- Builds and fosters a positive team spirit
- Offer technically sound advice and guidance to the team and other departments within the business
- Acts as an advocate for change, projecting confidence about the future and building energy within the team.
- Proactively seek strategic opportunities to grow the business in the longer term.
- Tutoring staff, and supporting career development within the team
Overall, this is great opportunity for an experienced individual to join a developing team and add value to a great employer.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.