- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design Business Leader - Water Treatment
Our client is seeking a Design Business Leader to head up their Water Treatment capital works programme. This role could be based in Coventry or Derby with travel required across the Midlands region.
- To successfully lead the design of TOTEX solutions for our clients' Capital Delivery works programme, delivering quality designs that are efficient, innovative, to agreed programme milestones and compliant with all relevant company strategies, policies, procedures and standards.
- To lead, develop and continuously improve the performance of the internal Design team; your team will consist of around 3-4 direct reports; with accountability for the overall team (25-30 people); to develop and assure designs contributing towards programmes and projects equating to £250 million per annum.
- Accountable for the design of solutions contributing toward a portfolio of projects and programmes of work to a value of circa £250m per annum,
- Lead the internal Design team to deliver quality TOTEX solutions within project milestones that are cost efficient and innovative (and adhere to design Standards)
- Working with PMO plan and develop the design for a rolling 2+ year programme of work to enable our client's supply chain to achieve capital efficiency targets whilst ensuring sustainable relationships with our supply chain contractors carrying out either design and build or detailed design and build
- Assume the role of Principal Designer for our client. Although the role has more of a management / leadership focus.
- Ensure designs created by supply chain contractors are assessed against our clients' design standards (both pre and post build)
- Ensure designs consider risk and opportunity to enable the successful delivery of the area capital works programme for AMP 6 & 7.
- Manage operating costs associated with staff and ancillaries within authorized budgets.
- Accountable for product improvement (evolution innovation); understanding standard product failures and undertaking FMEA's, talking to our operations & maintenance teams working with the product suppliers to bring in changes to the products
- Develop a culture of curiosity and challenge in order to identify opportunities to innovate and drive efficiency and quality in design
- Drive safety improvement performance within the designs for supply chain to ensure the safety of employees, customers, public and those impacted by our operations.
- Direct and lead the teams to consider and manage customer and stakeholders in the process of Designing TOTEX solutions
- Research external best practice and identify areas for improvement and innovation
- Support Senior Management in developing and implementing changes to strategy relating to the capital programme and managing specific projects required to deliver wider Business Plan objectives.
- Create strategic capability plan ensuring the skills and capabilities are developed red to meet the future needs of the business
- Create a high performing highly engaged team
- Experience of working in a regulatory industry delivering a portfolio capital projects and programmes working within a time bound regulatory regime
- Experience of supply chain management with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, cost and time.
- Strong Risk Management, Experienced in Designing Engineering solutions.
- Experienced leadership of multi-disciplinary design teams
- Proven track record in developing highly capability, high performing teams
- Strong stakeholder and client relationship management skills
- Experience of integrating a disparate set of stakeholders to deliver business objectives
- Strong Leadership , planning and implementation skills (able to balance the operational leadership with strategic thinking and planning
- Chartered Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Process , ICA , Telecommunications, Environmental Engineer or similar relevant degree
- Full UK driving license
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.