- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Transport Planner / Engineer
Our client are looking for enthusiastic transport planners and engineers at various levels to join a growing team, dedicated to providing best-in-class highways and transport development advice on a broad range of built environment projects.
Candidates should have a good underlying knowledge of transport development principles, considering multiple areas of transportation - pedestrians, cycling, public transport, road traffic, servicing, parking, car clubs, cycle hire, electric vehicles, etc.
Core responsibilities across the positions to include some of the following:
Written work which includes:
- Site appraisals and due diligence;
- Scoping Reports;
- Transport Assessments/Transport Statements;
- Travel Plan/Pack preparation and monitoring;
- Transport Chapters for EIA statements;
- Delivery and service management plans;
- Construction Traffic Management Plans.
- Highway and junction design;
- Traffic modelling;
- Swept path analysis and autotracking;
- Input into Legal Agreements (Including S38 & S278 Agreements), negotiations including Stopping Up Orders and Traffic Regulation Orders;
- Attendance at meetings and public consultation;
- Undertaking analysis such as;
- Travel demand management;
- Travel Distance Assessments;
- Pedestrian and Cycle Audits;
- Car park studies;
- Multi-modal questionnaire surveys
- Providing support in regeneration and master planning;
- Research on best practices and innovations;
- Liaising with clients, architects, consultants, etc;
- Contributing actively to internal team collaboration;
- Supporting the team in writing fee proposals and tenders.
Requirements and skills:
Candidates for these roles will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience and will ideally have:
- A suitable planning or engineering qualification (degree, CEng/Ieng, HNC/HND, etc.)
- Sufficient technical knowledge and development experience within transport and highways;
- A good understanding of transport policy and highway design standards;
- The capacity to work as part of a team;
- Good organisational and project management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- A positive and proactive approach;
- A creative approach to problem solving;
- A curious and inquisitive nature and passion for transport.
- Strong interest in the built environment;
- An ability to convince and influence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...