- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Maintenance Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced Highway Maintenance Engineer to work on an interim basis. They require someone who can do site identifications, management and supervision of the maintenence programmes.
This role is that of a Senior Engineer working in the Planned Maintenance team designing and delivering highway maintenance schemes, and supervising on site. You will be responsible for the design, delivering, programming and supervising of planned maintenance schemes, predominately surfacing and patching schemes, in line with the Councils asset management requirements.
On a day to day basis the senior engineer role is very varied. This is a role that will involve the gaining of experience, knowledge and expertise in Highways Maintenance design, and as a Senior Engineer (Maintenance) you will:
- Assess and produce a programme of sites for patching works, ensuring within budgets that there are enough sites to create a surface dressing programme for the following year.
- Mark out the required works on each site, undertake take offs, produce a works order for this work. Works orders will include; safety plan / safety information, statutory undertakers plans and description of works.
- Liaise with surfacing team regarding programming of the issued work, produce start of works / information letters for residents / businesses at certain locations.
- Issue a consistent flow of works orders each week to the surfacing team, keeping a record of cost and budget totals until the budget is committed.
Surface dressing programme development
- Collate and measure, from pre patched sites, a list of potential surface dressing sites for the following year surface dressing programme.
- Once contractor, based on the above site list, meet with winning contractor on each of the sites to discuss design, site restrictions, closures and methods of work.
- Liaise with Highway Safety team to identify any areas of HFS that may need attention.
- Develop and manage programmes of work for the surface dressing, road stud removal, and new lining and road studs. Apply for road closures, notices, permits (where applicable) liaising with the Streetworks (NRSWA) team to compliment the programmes.
- Undertake a survey of the streets 3 months prior to start of the work to identify any areas of late preparation work required. And mark up the extents of the surface dressing for each site prior to the programme starting.
Surface dressing programme delivery
- Obtain daily whereabouts of surface dressing team as to liaise with Streetworks team to update / amend notices, permits and closure dates as required.
- Investigate and action complaints receive regarding the works
- Compile remedial action list (from previous 2 years sites) and issue to contractor for action
- Undertake fortnightly meetings with the surface dressing contractor on progress / issues on site.
- Monitor performance / sweeping and inform contractor of defects
- Measure, quantify and pay invoices
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.