- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
SDA Engineering Manager DSST
An opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join the Submarine Delivery Agency and become part of the UK's top priority defence programme.
Are you looking for a complex and challenging role working at a national scale? Do you want to be part of a diverse multi-disciplined team, playing a key role in supporting the security of the United Kingdom? If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our national security, we want to hear from you.
If you are an experienced Engineering Manager, the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) have a variety of vital vacancies that require talented skill sets to join the Dreadnought Supply and Support Team (DSST). If you like a challenge and want to develop your career these roles will see you supporting a team in delivering one of the biggest programmes in the UK today.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of function processes to assure the products delivered by DSST are done so within a coordinated engineering management environment. You will bring together the technological problem-solving capability of engineering and the organisational, administrative, and planning abilities of management in order to oversee complex enterprises from conception to completion.
Some of the day to day duties may include:
- Identify and manage engineering risk
- Collect, collate and evaluate technical data, review technical equipment and systems and support, and take decisions on these
- Provide independent perspective on innovation and technology risk in the delivery of military capability
- Review and update the engineering management plans
- Deliver on change, concessions and configuration management plan
- Develop engineering functional assessments of the programme and deliver status reports
- People management
Some of these posts require specific knowledge of Supportability Engineering; successful candidates will be responsible for product integration with the whole boat supportability case. You will therefore need to support, review and endorse the generation of a suite of supportability information to deliver to the Whole Boat Support Integrator (WBSI) for its onwards consumption.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Experience in engineering management activities such as; writing engineering process, planning, change and risk mitigation
- Stakeholder management experience
- Substantial experience including operating as a manager in a complex organisation and breadth of technical experience across more than one discipline and environment
- Experience in Supportability Engineering
- Experience in leading and developing a team
- Degree in an Engineering or Science related area
It would be advantageous if you have experience in submarine support engineering and knowledge of submarine in service support.
These roles offer the opportunity to work within a diverse and multi-disciplined team within the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA). The SDA is responsible for the UK's submarine maintenance and build programme, a top priority of the UK's defence programme and one of the largest UK programmes in existence. Working with our key industrial partners, BAE Systems, Rolls-Royce and Babcock Marine, we are striving towards delivering submarine capability in a more cost efficient, effective and safe way.
We are focused on the procurement and support of some of the most complex equipment in the world; consequently, safety and security are fundamental to everything we do, from the environment in which we operate to providing the submarine fleet with equipment and support.
If your skills/experience are not an obvious match to those listed above, it could still be worth putting in your application. The teams have a need for diverse experiences and there could be the ideal assignment waiting for you.
Please note, due to security, these posts are reserved for UK Nationals.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.