- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate Ground/Geology Engineer
This is a new opportunity for an ambitious and driven graduate to join one of the UK's leading geotechnical & geological companies in the UK, and also to learn various new skills to start their career within engineering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with site investigation work across the UK as directed by the Team Leader & Project Manager. The role will require someone that is a good communicator, with the ability to liaise with other project staff and the client to ensure successful outcomes.
More specifically you will be:
- Undertaking preliminary risk assessments (phase 1 desk studies) and intrusive ground investigations.
- Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including laboratory scheduling
- Collating data and report writing.
- Managing site activities and subcontractors.
- Previous site work experience an advantage (including trial pitting and drilling supervision)
- BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
- MSc in a geotechnical/civil engineering or environmental discipline preferable, but not essential
- Be able to log samples to BS 5930+A2 technical standards (Desirable)
- A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
- Familiar with and be able to interpret geological maps and published geological data
- A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
- Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, work well within a team environment and willing to be flexible to work nationally or internationally if the occasion arises
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Full, clean UK driving licence essential
- Great training plan and mentoring from experienced staff to develop your career.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare voucher and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.