- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Process and Development Engineer
Our client are a leading manufacturing company. They are looking for an Engineer to join their business.
This Engineer role is part of the Process & Development Engineering team in Wrexham, and will report to one of the team. The role supports the team with testing of materials and complete cables utilising the Wrexham Development Laboratory equipment and facilities, and reporting results to the various persons requesting the tests.
- Management of Lab calibration (internal and external), the calibration database and calibration schedule and procedures.
- Management of the Accelerated Long Duration Water Ageing Test programme using both the 50Hz and 500Hz test facilities, including preparation of samples, loading of samples, management of the water changes to support the risk management activities, undertaking the electrical ramp breakdown testing at various stages of the ageing test, managing witnessing engineers and writing complete Test Reports.
- Supporting the team with regard to testing on new materials being investigated and new products being developed by the Wrexham team.
- Supporting Quality in carrying out regular sample testing against Wrexham product Quality Plans for conductor resistance, materials, volume resistivity, compatibility, shrinkage, dimensions.
- Sample contract testing for HV projects including preparation of cable insulation slices, optical examination using optical microscopes and imaging software.
- Undertaking full electrical and material type approval testing for Wrexham cable products including managing witnessing engineers and completion of Type Approval Test reports.
- Management of Laboratory safety procedures for all activities within the Lab.
- Fingerprinting of new CCV materials as necessary and benchmarking against current ones.
- Preparation of Wrexham samples for submission to Bishopstoke Fire Test Lab.
- Support for customer product quality complaint investigations in terms of carrying out any necessary testing.
- Preferably educated to Degree / HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- Preferably practical experience in materials testing and electrical testing
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office and MS Access.
- Self-motivated, good manual & practical skills, high safety awareness.
- Highly organised and able to work on own with minimal supervision.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Did you know that just 9% of young people would consider a career in construction?
That’s the recent finding of a survey by giant housing association L&Q, which surveyed 1,095 16 to 18-year-olds about th...