- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Test and Trials Specialist - Propulsion Systems
Our leading global company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Deparment of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
This is a permanent full time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
The successful candidate will have the responsibilities below, specific to one of the following areas of subject matter expertise:
- Propulsion Systems (Mechanical)
- HVAC (Electrical)
- Electrical (440V and below)
- Hull and Deck
- Education Ideals: Bachelor's Degree engineering (P Eng or equivalent) or relevant technical diploma at the technologist level (eg: Marine, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering). Experience in the design and/or operation of medium voltage diesel electric propulsion systems would also be an advantage
- Proven experience in one or more of the following;
- Seagoing Naval engineering experience
- Commissioning of high tech systems in process or power plants
- Design of state of the art new build ships or marine structures
- Commissioning of new build vessels in a commercial shipyard
- Must have strong knowledge of/experience work with at least one of the areas of subject matter expertise listed above
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Willingness to work long/flexible hours
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Work closely with Production and Quality Control staff to ensure efficient handover of systems and equipment
- Work as part of the Test & Trials team to commission systems and equipment and demonstrate compliance with Classification Society and Customer requirements including:
- Development of Set to Work/Testing/Trials procedures/agendas
- Operation of ship systems and execution of test procedures, both ashore and at sea
- Reporting of test and trial agenda results to demonstrate that requirements have been met
- Developing and managing detailed test and trials schedules for assigned area of responsibility
- Coordinate setting of conditions necessary to support third-party / Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) conduct of trials & provide liaison support for their trials
- Managing compliance with Lock-out/Tag-out systems' requirements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.