- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Chartered Electrical and/or Control Systems Engineer
Site Locations where person can be based:
- Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7JA
- Hamble-le-Rice, Southampton, SO31 4NR
- Rochester, Medway, Kent, ME3 OAG
The job will require travel to all three.
It is critical to identify not only the technical skill but the interpersonal skills such as strong influencing skills and safety orientation. Ideally from oil & gas or petrochemicals. Possibly Pharma or similar chemical related sectors.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of asset strategies and technical requirements for all Electrical Power, Control and Safety Instrumented Systems including but not limited to HV & LV distribution systems & associated equipment, Motors, plant control philosophies, systems , equipment and field instrumentation, Safety Instrumented systems and associated Functional Safety Management Systems.
- Develop, manage and control the inspection and testing of Power distribution systems and Electrical equipment including ATEX.
- Coordinate Electrical and equipment outage programme with Supply and business partners to meet business and technical integrity requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of adequate records (including Electrical drawings) and work histories for major items of plant, equipment and systems.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving inspection reports declaring assets fit for service or otherwise based upon inspection and condition reports.
- Ensure Functional Safety Assessments and the adequate maintenance of all Function Safety Management Systems in accordance with BP and industry standards whichever are more onerous.
- Provide input into annual Revex & Capex programme based upon risk assessed priorities.
- Produce monthly progress report for relevant Revex spend showing actual spend, commitment and status vs. approved budgets.
- Share and implement industry engineering best practice and changes in statutory engineering requirements including NEDeRS (National Equipment Defect Reporting Scheme)
- Provide technical advice and project support for the terminals.
- Provide technical advice and support to Terminal Managers and Maintenance teams on all aspects of EC&I engineering matters.
- To act as the Technical Engineering Authority, giving assurance to S&OR Engineering Authority that relevant ETP's / STP's have been complied with.
- Accountable for the Alarm Response manual standard and verification of application and coordination of continuous improvement requirement by Terminal operations.
- Accountable for the Electrical Rule book and SPA for live working.
- Contract Manager for nationwide Electrical inspection and maintenance contracts ,
- Ensuring the relevant Inspection Authorities are clearly identified, approved and authorise in accordance with BP
- Act as focal point for competent authority enquiries regarding EC&I and SIS technical integrity of UK terminal assets.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.