- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
Matchtech hare now recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer to work at our client in Gloucestershire, on an initial 6 months contract basis.
Job Purpose: Define, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded software
Scope / dimensions: Provide technical leadership and define, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded and/or application software as part of a software engineering team of 5-20 engineers, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m. Line management of up to 5 software engineers.
- Architect, specify requirements, design, implement and test C and C++ embedded software in accordance with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
- Apply object oriented design techniques to enable code re-use and integration with testing frameworks
- Review and understand system design artefacts to enable the derivation of software requirements and architecture that meet the high-level system requirements.
- Design, document, review and maintain the software design using modelling tools such as RSA and EA, ensuring model can be used for accurate code generation as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practice development processes, language standards and tools, e.g. TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, DevOps, static and run-time analysis tools, C++ standards and secure software development.
- Proposes improvements in tools, processes and techniques that support quality and innovation and make the software development more efficient and effective.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide accurate estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced engineers; shares knowledge willingly and constructively.
- Reviews and signs off significant technical documents; frequently chairs technical reviews for significant deliverables.
- Explains technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience of at least one of the following;
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development.
- C and C++
- Significant experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience of software testing and design for test
- Experience of using version control, continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks
- Exposure to defensive coding techniques and standards such as MISRA
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, RSA, Enterprise Architect, UML and SysML.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.