- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Wastewater Network Modeller
Matchtech are currently working with an internationally known company and have an exciting new opportunity for a Wastewater Network Modeller to join their team on a permanent basis.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Network Modeller to join our team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
Our Client sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Our client has been selected by key Clients as a strategic consultancy provider. They are currently looking for the right people to join their team working in collaboration with the Client to help deliver these exciting opportunities.
This is a chance to join a dynamic team in Edinburgh, involved in network modelling to support the feasibility, scoping, designing, managing and implementing the delivery of leading-edge programmes and projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Team Leaders by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects is delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and the company's expectations.
* Technical expertise in mathematical modelling.
* Working as part of a team you will be involved in a variety of schemes from model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the Wastewater Network.
* Undertaking the development of modelled engineering solutions to mitigate the effects of development, to solve sewer flooding and to address unsatisfactory overflows.
* Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
* Supervise site surveys and field investigations.
* Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
* Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
* A member (or working towards membership) of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE or CIWEM
* Experience in wastewater industry and previous experience in the modelling of wastewater networks
* Ability to work well in a team and independently
* Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
* A good client service focus
* Excellent organisational skills and be able to multi-task
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.