- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Dam Engineer
Matchtech are currently working with a globally known company and have an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Dam Engineer to join their team at High Wycombe on a permanent basis.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Dam Engineer to join our team in High Wycombe on a permanent basis.
Globally, our client is one of the leading consultants in Environmental Services and one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Our Client has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider.
Our Client has exciting opportunities for the right professional person to join their dams and hydropower team. This team delivers projects for a number of UK water utilities and private clients in the UK and overseas. They have a growing backlog of work and are seeking a principal level engineer to lead programmes of work for our clients. Our Clients typical projects range from feasibility studies and asset inspections, remediation of existing dams and reservoirs, design of new dams for water supply and hydropower, reservoir inspections and associated studies and studies and design of hydropower projects. Our Clients' team delivers projects within the UK and overseas and the successful applicant would need to travel in this role.
Our Clients' collaborative approach ensures the projects they deliver meet our client's needs in a sustainable manner. Our Client embrace new technologies and design with communities in mind.
* Lead projects within a framework of water industry, dam engineering and hydropower within the UK and overseas.
* Lead the delivery of dams and hydropower projects on budget and to agreed deadlines.
* Provide technical direction to project teams, including studies, design, performance monitoring for all types of dams and hydraulic structures.
* Build relationships within the industry and wider our clients Waterpower and Dams community.
* Assist in business development, bid preparation and securing a sustainable pipeline of work.
* Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes for our clients.
* Maintain up to date technical knowledge and CPD relevant to the role.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
* Complete all work in line with our Clients' Core Values and in accordance with their Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
* Chartered Civil Engineer with an industry profile in the fields of dams and/or hydropower.
* A member of the Supervising or All Reservoir Panel of Engineers under the Reservoirs Act.
* Experience in dam engineering, hydraulic structures and/or hydropower.
* Outstanding skills in business development.
* Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
* Ability to integrate into a team and provided technical management over other members of the team.
* Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
* Computer literate with good understanding of industry design / analysis software and Microsoft Office applications. Experience in CFD applications would be an advantage.
* Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
* Ability to work well within a team and independently.
* Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team - both written and oral
* Excellent client service management capability.
* Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.