- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior / Principal Hydrogeologist
Matchtech are currently working with a globally known company and have an exciting new opportunity for a Principal Hydrogeologist to join their teams in High Wycombe, Leeds or Redditch (Worcestshire) on a permanent basis.
Our Client has an opportunity for a Principal Hydrogeologist to join their team in High Wycombe, Leeds or Redditch (Worcestershire) on a permanent basis.
Our client is a world leading professional services company. They provide engineering, architecture, environmental, construction and project management services across all phases of the project life cycle. They have 22,000 staff world-wide and an ambition to remain one the worlds' top 10 global design and delivery companies.
In the UK, our clients expanding workload in groundwater resources and contaminated land related work means that they are actively recruiting to support their growing team specialising in these areas. They are seeking energetic and innovative staff that can deliver our solution-oriented services to their existing and new clients.
In return they offer highly attractive employment packages and a strong ethos of staff training and development and a career path that balances professional and personal development to the needs of the employee.
Our Client is looking for a Principal Hydrogeologist to supervise the hydrogeological and environmental aspects of existing projects for their regional framework contract. This position offers the potential for experience in a wide range of hydrogeological projects and the potential for strong career growth for an enthusiastic and self-motivated candidate in this strategic contract. Chartership, or a commitment to become chartered in the near future is essential, as is a requirement to provide day to day leadership and mentoring of their dedicated project team based in our clients' Falmer office.
As a Principal Hydrogeologist you will be familiar with the regulatory, business and policy environment in which their clients operate, and have the capacity to develop and maintain long term relationships with their clients.
- Experience of technical management of projects and teams, and an interest in developing the skills of junior colleagues is essential.
- You will have a Hydrogeology MSc or a PhD with significant post graduate experience of hydrogeology and groundwater resources.
- Candidates need to demonstrate experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and in providing technical input to hydrogeological & environmental assessments.
- Experience of pumping test supervision and analysis or geochemical modelling and analysis would be considered an advantage, as would experience of wider water management issues particularly in Southern England.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills in site management, factual and interpretative reporting, data management and analysis and presentation of results.
- The successful candidate will be expected to produce high quality oral and written communications
- . Good time management and presentation skills, together with a flexible attitude are also essential to work within our busy and dynamic team.
The position is initially in support of their local client but opportunity to participate in projects across the UK and internationally would be available to the right candidate. The role will be based in Falmer, in their co-located office with their client.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.