- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I'm recruiting for a Microbiology Technician to carry out microbiological challenge testing studies in support of NPD, troubleshooting and to support the business with microbial food safety and quality issues as appropriate.
Working for one of Britain's largest food companies on a variety of projects including new product development, troubleshooting, food safety and quality.
Key responsibilities include:
- To perform challenge testing of products including:
- Culture preparation
- Sample preparation
- Microbiological analysis
- Plate counting
- Data review
- Updating LIMS system.
- Media preparation
- Product profiling - pH and water activity analysis for microbiological risk assessment.
- Work to ISO 17025 standards.
- Maintaining laboratory cleanliness and to comply to laboratory health and safety procedures.
I'm looking for someone who has previous experience working within a microbiology laboratory for at least 6 months. Ideally within either the food & drink industry.
Graduate applications are also accepted.
The skills I'm looking for in particular are;
- Scientific degree in Microbiology or relevant experience.
- Good attention to detail and record keeping.
- Proven good organisational abilities and self motivated.
- Good scientific discipline and logical approach to working.
- Ability to work to agreed protocols and standards.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Good inter-personnel skills and good team work.
- Ability to multi task.
- Good practical skills.
This role is a full time role.
If you have any further questions on this role, feel free to give me a call on 01489882556.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.