- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Based in Almondbank, they are now looking to hire a Electroplating Technician to work on a permanent basis.
Purpose and Scope
The Electroplating Technician is responsible through the Plating Shop & Surface Finish Manager to the Operations Manager for:
- The Chemical Processing of aircraft components and their various sub-assemblies and constituent parts to support maintenance of aircraft components allocated to various platforms/programmes supported by the business.
- The Periodic, Lot Testing and Solution analyses of all required test and test pieces as described in customer specified ASI and applicable Detailed Process Instructions (DPIs).
- Will effectively carry out a variety of Chemical Processing operations (including Nital Etch Inspection) IAW with their qualifications, authorisations and competences only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant Approved Source documentation, applicable ABM procedures and pollution Prevention Control Authorisation;
- Will effectively carry out a variety of Periodic, Lot Testing & Solution analyses IAW with their qualifications, authorisations and competences only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant Approved Source documentation.
- Contribute to team delivery of agreed targets and goals;
- Complying with Tool Control Procedures IAW relevant ABM procedure;
- Attend and contribute to Team Meetings;
- Carry out ABC reviews;
- Support a climate of Continuous Improvement to assist productivity, Quality, Health Safety and Environment, and create a leaner environment;
- To achieve maximum flexibility team members will undertake training and train other team members;
- They will also be required to undertake work to their highest level of competence;
- Agree to do other duties within the team to support team output;
- Ensure that debris generated in their work area is removed/cleaned in a timely fashion;
- Mentor/train and Apprentices as and when necessary.
- Ensuring that continuation training is up to date and that packs are read and signed for.
- Adherence to our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
- Authorised to carry out Chemical Processing operations that they have competence recorded for in their Log Books / Training Records IAW the relevant ABM Leaflets.
- Authorised to carry out Periodic, Lot Testing, Solution Analyses and Chemical Processing operations that they have competence recorded for in their Log Books / Training Records IAW the relevant ABM Leaflets.
- If Cat B Stamp Holders Authorised to Self-Certify and Certify Chemical Processing operations within their Approval Codes IAW the relevant ABM Leaflets.
- Authorised to operate the Effluent Treatment Plant, if they have the appropriate Training and competence IAW the Pollution Prevention Control Authorisation.
Education and Training
- Trainee Plater Training.
- Institute of Metal Finishing Chemical Process Training.
- Continuous process improvement tools, including statistical techniques and applicable internal procedures.
- Non-conformance Root Cause/Corrective Action training.
- BAAN ERP system Training modules as required.
For all tasks for which they are competent:
- Be able to interpret Work Order requirements, Approved Source Information standards and local Detailed Process Instructions (DPIs) applicable to Chemical Processing.
- Authorised Cat B Stamp Holder with appropriate competences and approval codes for all chemical processing operations.
- Be able to carry out ongoing collection and analysis of performance data related to chemical processing, e.g. internal reprocessing and rework, repair, internal rejects, customer rejects and customer complaints, costs, turnaround times, waste streams and scrap.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.