- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
AWS Integration Specialist - Radar
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard.
he Above Water Sensors Integration Specialist - Radar and Illuminator will fulfill a key role in the Above Water Warfare (AWW) Sensors and Weapons Team. This position will be responsible for providing technical expertise to support the design, integration, installation, test and evaluation of all Radar and Illuminator systems, and their associated radiation safety infrastructure. This will include, but is not limited to those radar sensors that are operationally employed for surveillance, detection, and tracking and in the Anti-Air Warfare and Anti-Surface Warfare areas, and for anti-air missile control. Additionally, this position will ensure that fully compliant solutions are provided in accordance with governing requirements, certification standards, and sound engineering practice.
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
- Assisting the Senior AW Sensors Engineer with:
- participating in the Above Water Sensors Working Group, and generally participate in the Working Group structure to coordinate and manage all Radar and Illuminator system stakeholder interests;
- providing technical expertise during requirements definition, design, integration, and test activities to ensure that fully compliant and certified Radar and Illuminator system solutions are provided in accordance with requirements, governing standards, and sound engineering practice;
- ensuring that the physical and functional interfaces of all Radar and Illuminator systems are identified, defined and approved via Interface Control Documents;
- providing technical expertise in the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to the requirements definition, design, integration, and test of all Radar and Illuminator systems;
- providing support in evaluating engineering change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to Radar and Illuminator design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are understood and recorded;
- liaising with the CSI and OEM to extent of contractual and IP boundaries to transfer as much knowledge of Radar and Illuminator systems to the company as possible;
- liaising with both RCN and Sub-contractor modelling and simulation teams regarding Radar and Illuminator system performance evaluation;
- supporting the development of plans, procedures, and processes in support of Radar and Illuminator related program requirements;
- supporting the coordination of scheduling, planning, and conduct of Radar and Illuminator activities to ensure that related program milestones are met;
- providing accurate status reports on assigned activities to the AWW Sensors and Weapons Team Lead;
- Fulfilling the above roles by:
- providing knowledge and insight into the operational employment of Radar and Illuminator and their roles in the Detect to Engage Sequence to ensure valid solutions for the Royal Canadian Navy;
- providing technical expertise regarding Radar and Illuminator system architecture and function in an integrated combat system;
- providing technical expertise in Radar and Illuminator hazards, and associated safety processes;
- providing technical expertise in electromagnetic interference and associated mitigation processes with AW sensors;
- providing field engineering support during production, and its test and evaluation;
- establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal Program personnel and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government staff).;
- supporting a culture of teamwork, pro-activeness, and enthusiasm within the Combat System team, and be a role model for professional behavior.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in an engineering discipline (Electronics, Electrical preferred).
- System qualifications on Naval Radar and Illuminator systems.
- Proven experience in the following fields:
- Engineering in large and complex defense acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations;
- Extensive involvement in the design, integration, installation and test of complex integrated military sensor systems;
- Understanding the operational employment of integrated sensor systems; and
- Excellent time management, and written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in design, integration, installation and test of naval above water warfare systems within warship construction programs.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.